Welcome to my Garden Blog

Nature: wild & untouched. Photographing it, preserving it, taking walks and drinking in the landscapes as they unfold.

Gardens: touched by loving hands. Cultivated, nurtured. Drinking in those landscapes is wonderful, as well.

In my garden one enjoys some of both. Generally unpruned & wild, my plants reshape the garden as they grow.

Beyond the garden borders, natives from the Santa Monica Mtns await. Oak trees with their shady canopies. Cactus & Sage in the sun.

Always there are animal creatures to join in the fun.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you as they unfold.

Friday, December 16, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas, my Wildlife Garden Gave to Me..

                          Black Hooded Parakeet, Nandayus nenday,
                          Topanga Canyon, CA, Photo by Kathy Vilim

 A flash of green caught my eye, bright green!  Mourning doves rose up with a sudden clatter and flew off..  I had a visitor, two visitors in fact.  And they were not ordinary guests..

On the 1st day of Christmas I received a wonderful surprise gift: 2 green parrots, a male and female, arrived on my deck railing!  They were so colorful, it was obvious they were not normal visitors.  No brown birds were these.  They even intimidated my cat when she came to investigate. Sociable and curious about me, the male was more assertive, while his partner slipped away .. continue reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns